Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy Fourth of July!

So NOT according to plan (see my last post), my green card arrived on Saturday, 2 days after when I had predicted that it should arrive. However, it did come in time for me to celebrate Fourth of July with my green card in hand! Okay, fine, I didn't even bring my green card with me when we went to watch fireworks let along having it in my hand... just to be sure though, you're supposed to have your green card with you AT ALL TIMES, but since my hubby and I were just driving down the street to the roof of our school's parking garage, I figure it'd be okay. Besides, no one has ever pulled me over for ID, why would they suddenly do that on fourth of July?

Anyways, that aside, the new green card is cool-looking! First of all, it's actually green. Not a bright one, but kind of like the US bill/currency green. Then it's got this black shiny bar code looking thing in the back that has my picture and info engraved inside! (I'm sure I'm describing this with all the wrong technical term, but hey, I'm doing my best.) It's packed with security features that makes it look very important. However, all these cool features are blocked by a white paper/foil cover you're supposed to put it in to "prevent wireless communication with your card" (this is printed in English and Spanish on the cover, adding to the uncool factor of the cover). That's kind of creepy. Someone will want to talk to my green card? What if someone already talked to it when it was being shipped (since it wasn't shipped in the cover)?! Alright, that's just my paranoia... I'm really not that paranoid in person. Really.

I'm not going to put a picture of my green card up since I don't want USCIS to hunt me down for disclosing the new looks of the green card.

What do you mean I'm paranoid?

Happy Fourth of July folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment