Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The first... of many (I hope)!

What to Cook and How to Cook it

What to Cook and How to Cook it
By Jane Hornby

I have never won anything.

I mean, I won a speech contest in high school and even got a full four-year scholarship to come to the US for college and all that, but I've NEVER won any sweepstakes - contests that are based purely on probability and luck.

But alas, that all changed today! I got an e-mail saying that I won a cookbook from Savory Sweet Life, a food/cooking blog that I enjoy reading. Last week our newly-married small group had a Christmas potluck and I used a recipe for "No roll pie crust" from Savory Sweet Life. My hubby made the pumpkin pie filling and topped it with crushed walnut and brown sugar. The pie crust was incredibly easy to make (with my Black Friday Costco purchase - a Cuisinart 14-cup food processor!!) and came out beautifully. The walnut/brown sugar topping was a fine touch and made the pie look oh-so-delicious.

Anyways, I can't wait for my cook book to come! This cook book (What to Cook and How to Cook it by Jane Hornby) sounds exactly like the type of cook book that I enjoy - basic instructions, tips and techniques. Maybe I'll write a book report after I try a few recipes... after our last exam next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment