Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Where is my biometrics letter?

We took a road trip to St. Louis this past weekend for a friend's wedding. It was a long long drive but my hubby's old roommate rode with us so we had some great conversations along the way. I've been hoping the letter for my biometrics appointment will arrive soon but alas, it's still not here. The online case status says that my I-485 was last updated on 3/25/10 while the other 3 were last updated 4/1/10. I wonder why they are not looking at all of them at the same time. I hope that doesn't indicate trouble. We'll see.

Oh and I traveled without my passport this weekend. I do have a driver's license though. While the DL itself is not expired, my "temporary visitor status" on it had. I'm holding off the renewal until I get my EAD or something from USCIS so I can maybe get rid of the temporary visitor status and change my name back to what it should be (long story for another day, but "arrgggh!!" pretty much sums up my feelings towards DMV). Probably wasn't a great idea to travel without my passport but we were no where near the border. I also always carry a photocopy of my passport's ID page in my wallet because the name of my DL does not match any other ID or credit card that I have. Anyways, I ought to be more careful next time.

Gonna go home soon. Hopefully the letter is waiting in the mailbox already.

No comments:

Post a Comment